21 Mar 2015

Air Jordan 6s he’s grossing over $150

As the Air Jordan 6s song goes, “Don’t you step on my blue suede shoes.” But for people like Marvin Staten and his wife and partner, Shelley, the more scrapes and scuffs the better.Prior to opening his own business, Staten spent 15 years working at Procter Gamble, the Ohio based international manufacturing and retail company. As a production line leader and manufacturing coordinator, Staten earned a respectable salary of $42,000. KOBE 9 Today, he’s grossing over $150,000 fixing wing tips and pumps.Staten spent four years researching 15 different franchise companies before settling on Heel Sew Quik! Air Jordan Fusion 4 Since he had extensive experience working with his hands and ample knowledge about machinery, he thought that a shoe repair franchise would suit him.Besides, Marietta, Ga. based Heel Quik! Corp. provides more than just shoe repairs. To generate revenues, it offers extensive complimentary customer services such as clothing alterations, dry cleaning, retail sales, luggage repair, monogramming and key making.After an initial three week training session, Staten was ready to open shop in 1991. He rented 700 sq. ft. of office space for a little over $1,200 a month. The franchise fee cost $17,500, and Air Jordan 20s equipment totaled $42,500. Staten financed the deal by using part of his personal savings and $50,000 worth of his retirement money as collateral.In general, franchise fees range from $2,500 to $20,000, plus a 4% to 6% royalty fee. The total investment for a shoe repair franchise can run $135,000 or more, taking into account ongoing advertising and maintenance costs.Common Air Jordan 10s shoe repairs for men’s worn out heels and soles start at about $25. The average cost for women’s high heel repairs is $3.50 to $5. While shoe repairs for men cost more, it’s estimated that women generate 60% of total revenues for shoe repair shops.There is a market out there for would be franchisees, says Staten, who has two employees, one full time, the other a part timer. However, he warns, “only 10% of the population regularly gets their shoes repaired. So, the challenge is to get the other 90% to view shoe repair and care as being more economical than buying new shoes.”Anyone interested in owning a shoe repair franchise should also have marketing and retail experience, he adds. “Technical assistance is available to anyone in this business, but customer service should be your top priority.”.

Leave a Reply

You are visitor no. HTML Hit Counter