WORLD RED CROSS DAY
(World Red Cross Day theme of 2015 would be “Together for Humanity”)
World Red Cross day means 8 of May is celebrated every year as the birthday anniversary of founder of the Red Cross. Henry Dunant was the founder of the Red Cross as well as the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), born in the Geneva in the year 1828. He was the most famous person and became the recipient of 1 Nobel Peace Prize.
Significance of Red Cross
World Red Cross Day is celebrated by the people on international level to alleviate people’s suffering, enhancing their dignity, protecting their life from emergencies and lots of natural disasters including epidemic diseases, flood and earthquakes. It is celebrated by all the sections of the Red Cross organizations to help people by keeping in front it’s all fundamental principles which are humanity, independence, impartiality, neutrality, universality, voluntary and unity.
Objectives of Red Cross Day
Following are the objectives of the World Red Cross Day celebration:
1. It is celebrated to provide relief and peace to the injured people to prevent death rate due to the disasters of any kind.
2. It helps in initiating active efforts all over the world to reduce casual death rate because of epidemic illnesses.
3. It helps people living in the vulnerable areas to manage the public health emergencies.
4. It empowers its members, civil societies and other involved local communities to provide immediate response to the health disasters in the vulnerable situations.
5. It helps in reinstating the human dignity.